Saturday, March 12, 2011

Western Chikan Gropers In Real

"Cum Jubilo"

Tonight, in his sleep, I came to the mind of a recurring and haunting melody to youth. Its rhythm and cadence knew that it was a Gregorian chant, but even if I tried anything I to locate him, or at least give it a title.

In my mind, arpeggios, followed one another, they swelled and shrank as the waves make when, in a quiet day die on the beach. Heard over and over shreds of melody with one thing clear: the growing volume and tuned like the murmur of a calm sea.

With so little information, this morning I started to investigate different parts of Gregorian chant, and after many clicks on the internet search, I finally found the mantra that had invaded my mind: indeed, it was the Kyrie of Gregorian Mass, but was not the popular Kyrie from the Mass "de Angelis" but as "Cum Jubilo" which is sung particularly in the festivities of the Virgin Mary.

let me rock you again for that beautiful melody that seems a barcarola, while evoking my years in that school in Italy, and I remembered my music teacher, Konstantin Brother, this great musician who was then still recovering from the consequences that had left the World War II.

0 comments:

Post a Comment